God never intended for us to be a church of attenders because “Attendance doesn’t build the house, Commitment does.” The truth is… relationships are only as strong as their commitment to one another. My relationship with my wife is not strong because I have a good record of attendance with her, it is strong because I have a high level of commitment to her. The same principle applies with God and His church! Great churches have great impact when the people in the church get off the sidelines and get into the game. There is no better way to get in the game than when you become a member. Here are the top 5 Benefits!
Top 5 Benefits to Becoming a Member of a Local Church:
1. It identifies that your faith in God is real. (Eph. 2:19; Rom. 12:5)
2. It provides you with a spiritual family to support and encourage you in your walk with Christ. (Gal. 6:1-2; Heb. 10:24-25)
3. It gives you a place to discover and use your gifts and talents in ministry. (1 Corinthians 12:4-27)
4. It places you under spiritual protection and godly leaders. (Hebrews 13:17; Acts 20:28-29)
5. It gives you the accountability you need to grow. (Eph. 5:21)