While you are fasting, what exactly are you believing God to do in, for, or through you? Listed below are 9 different types of fasts found in the bible and that you could model from…. enjoy
9 Different Types of Fasts in the bible:
• The Disciples Fast (Matthew 17:21): Deliverance from sin, addiction, bondage
• The Ezra Fast (8:23): Help and divine protection from the Satan. Ezra said that they prayed and fasted and God answered their request.
• The Samuel Fast (1 Samuel 7:6): For revival – the people were bound by idol worship and needed deliverance. Samuel called them back to seeking the Lord and to bring the Ark back to Jerusalem.
• The Elijah Fast (1 Kings 19:4,8): mental freedom from emotional problems or habits.
• The Widow’s Fast (1 Kings 17:16): She went without food To meet the physical needs of someone else. – the prophet Elijah. Because she sacrificed her food, God made sure that you would have more than enough food.
• The Paul Fast (Acts 9:9): For physical healing of his eyes and to get direction from God.
• The John the Baptist Fast (Luke 1:15): To enhance our walk with God and witness
• The Ester Fast (Esther 4:16, 5:2): Protection from the evil one.
• The Jesus Fast—For spiritual empowerment and victory over temptation, the flesh and the devil.
• The Daniel Fast – The Seeking of God’s favor in His purpose and vision for life.